MIMIC GNMI Simulator simulates the
gNMI specification as detailed in
The GNMI service defines a
protocol for retrieval and modification of device configuration, and
the control and generation of telemetry streams from a managed device
to a data collection system.
This management protocol is found on
Cisco Nexus switches,
Like all MIMIC Simulator components this simulator is specifically designed
to be highly scalable, real-time customizable, programmably dynamic and
predictably repeatable for developing, testing, training, deployment
and proof-of-concept of gNMI based management applications.
MIMIC Protocol Support
MIMIC GNMI Simulator simulates the following components to approximate a gNMI server:
- : MIMIC simulates the
The MIMIC Product Suite
- MIMIC Simulator: Simulates an entire network. Configurations are run-time customizable. MIMIC responds to queries on any of its configured IP addresses, so it is as if the NMS application is talking to actual devices.
- MIMICView: A user-friendly GUI to manipulate the simulations.
- MIMIC Shell: A command-line interface.
- Discovery Wizard: Discover, record and simulate networks in a single step.
- MIB Wizard: Import and compile multiple MIBs simultaneously.
- Simulation Wizard: Build a custom simulation quickly just by specifying the MIBs needed; seeding the simulation with values; specifying default values to use; or entering custom values.
- Topology Wizard: Create topologies of devices, networks, their interfaces and interconnections.
- Update Wizard: Provides notification of product updates and optional add-ons.
- Libraries: Include devices from leading device vendors, like Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, and small and large networks, and over 1,200 MIBs.
- Platforms: Supports Windows®, Solaris™, Linux™ and Amazon Cloud. (details)